Living a values-driven life
We teach you strategies to make progress and facilitate change. We’ll explore how to bridge the gap between how you’re living and how you want to be living, as we develop a framework for reaching your goals. You’ll learn to evaluate problems and challenges within the context of your values. We provide top-of-the-line care for all of our services and depression therapy is no exception.
Goals of therapy
Each person’s journey to psychotherapy is deeply personal and unique. A common thread, though, is that there’s a disconnect between how you are living and how you want to be living. Not only does this cause distress, but the uncertainty as to the next steps can be quite daunting. In psychotherapy, we will explore different ways to relate to these struggles and how that flexibility in approach can facilitate a greater quality of life. We’ll look at the workability of current strategies, barriers to behavior change, and, ultimately, learn new ways of navigating the inevitabilities (or unexpected nature) of life’s struggles in service of a more meaningful and fulfilling life.
Our psychologists draw upon evidence-based treatments, including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and Dialectical Behavior Therapy to deliver impactful care. Included in all of these proven treatment approaches are elements of stress management techniques, mindfulness, and strategies to help the body and the brain respond more effectively to stimuli in daily life.
Personalized Treatment Plans
Treatment is specific to each person, and we take the time to listen and understand the issues in your life. We customize the elements of the therapeutic process so that you understand the therapeutic goals and why we’re setting them, how we’ll work toward these goals, and concrete measures that help us track progress. Get in contact with us today for more information on psychotherapy for depression.
Learn More About Psychotherapy for…
- Teen angst
- Decision making – issues with drugs and alcohol
- Academic success
- Anxiety and Depression
- Relationships and sex
- Family conflict
- Decision-making – where to go to college, gap year, what’s right.
- Independence – managing on your own
- Career planning
- Relationships – roommates, friends, parents
- Anxiety & depression
- Executive function issues
- Transitions from high school to college, college adjustment, post-college transitions
- Parenting concerns – young children, adolescents & teens, adult children
- Struggling with the daily demands of the world we live in
- Relationships: marriage, divorce, sandwich generation
- Older adults – retirement, transitions, health issues
- Younger moms –Maternal health and wellness
- Career transitions. Struggling with professional identity
- Parenting: trying to navigate work, home-schooling, or both
- Sleep issues
We work both with individuals and family members who are adjusting to life following an injury, transplant, or amputation:
- Chronic pain
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Acquired brain injury
- Caregivers and families adjusting to the “new normal” that follows a life-altering diagnosis
The primary goal of ADHD therapy is metacognitive training. By gaining an understanding of thought patterns, clients will learn to direct their brain processes in more efficient ways.
- Take better control of your own mind
- Reduce distractions and emotions
- Discover executive function strengths
- Increase motivation
- Implement constructive behavioral changes
Change begins here.
Call 201-383-5056 or click the link below to schedule an appointment.
210 Summit Ave Suite C‑2A,
Montvale, NJ 07645
Offering in-person and virtual appointments